Other groups our members sing with
Our rehearsals last for two and a half hours on Saturday mornings, but many of our singers like to do more singing than that. Here are some of the other groups we sing with. We try to keep our concert dates different so that our members - and audience - can go to as many as possible.
Bishop's Stortford Choral Society
- specialising in large scale choral works, rehearsing on Thursday evenings, no audition needed.
The Bishop's Stortford Gospel Choir
- a non-audition community choir for all ages and abilities that meets every Sunday evening at the Charis Centre from 6-8pm. No need to audition so just turn up and get singing.
Cantate Youth Choir
- one of the top open access youth choirs; we don't sing with them, but we support them in many other ways.
- mixed-voice chamber choir formed from (but not restricted to) Cantate Alumni. Rehearsals on some Saturdays and Sundays, mostly leading up to concert dates.
- an SATB choir singing eclectic and uplifting music, with rehearsals on Monday evenings at St Michael's Primary School. No formal audition but a voice check after you have sung with them for a few weeks.
Herts & Soul
- large, upbeat, popular community choir. No audition, "no fuss", pay-as-you-sing choir with rehearsals on Friday evenings.
- auditioned choir rehearsing on Monday evenings in Harlow.
London City Singers
- singing a capella barbershop and a lot more. Music has to be learnt off by heart, audition after four rehearsals. Rehearsals on Tuesday evenings in central London.
The U3A Singers
- a group of around 30 ladies, who meet every Thursday afternoon at 2.00pm at the Havers Community Centre. Members of Thorley and Bishop's Stortford U3As are welcome to join.
- rehearsing in Ware on Thursday evenings. Auditions needed for singing, but non-singers are also needed to support productions.
If you sing in a group which should be included here, please let your webmaster know.